Palmerston fully closed - Tuesday 24th March
Following the Prime Minister's statement yesterday it will not be possible to open the club on Thursday 26th or Friday 27th for members to access their lockers as previously advised. The club remains closed to everyone: members, visitors and volunteers, unless expressly approved by me. To get in touch please phone 01329 740240.
Other relevant information still applies:
- The final Winter league results will be based on the positions on Friday 13th March
- The AGM is postponed to Saturday 19th September.
- The Club finals are postponed until the Autumn.
- The County finals due to be played at Palmerston are postponed until the Autumn. Provisional dates are 26th September for Men and 27th September for Ladies.
- The Open Singles Circuit event is cancelled. Please see below for more detail.
- Members needing to submit national competition entry forms should send them, with the money, direct to competition secretary Brian Knight at 5 Leamington Crescent, Lee-On-The-Solent, Gosport, Hants, PO13 9HJ. Forms must reach Brian by 4th April. If you need a form, send an email without delay to Brian using the "Contact Us" page addressed to the Mens Competition Secretary.
- We urge you to provide us with your email address if you haven't already done so. See the next item below.
Bill Jackson - Chairman
Please note that because no-one will be able to visit the club, the most practical way we will be able to give further Palmerston news in the future is through this website. But as all activity at the club is at a standstill (apart from necessary maintenance) it is unlikely that there will be much in the very near future. Clearly we don't expect you to keep looking at this website every day. Therefore if and when we do need to communicate with members it will help enormously if all members with an email address give it to us so we can alert you as soon as something changes.
You can give us your email address by clicking HERE or following the instructions given on the front page of the latest Palm Reader newsletter available elsewhere in this website.
Next week we intend to phone those league team leaders whose email addresses we don't have to see if we can get an email address from them and/or at least one of their team. There are a lot to get through (well over 100) so it will take a while but hopefully we will end up with a means of getting future news quickly to as many members as possible.
You can help if at all possible by checking with your teams and other Palmerston bowling friends that those with email addresses have passed them on to us.
Open Singles Circuit event cancelled
Many of you will know that Palmerston had arranged to be a venue for the prestigious Open Singles Circuit due to be held over the weekend 18-19 April. We were excited to join the list of clubs hosting this series of elite bowls events, but of course sadly this has had to be cancelled due to the need to protect our members and the public in the face of the Coronavirus outbreak. The club has every intention of hosting this event in the future when things have returned to normal, however long this takes.
Some members had already entered the draw for a new set of bowls, which was to take place over that weekend. Rest assured your entries are still valid and the draw will be re-scheduled some time after bowling resumes.
We are all looking forward to when bowling at Palmerston and indeed all venues will return to normal. In the meantime the safety of everyone is our priority and we urge you all to follow the advice of the Government.
The latest March 2020 edition of the Palm Reader produced by Marie Leonard is now available.
Summer Leagues schedules
The summer league schedules for the 2020 season are now available for downloading.
2020-2021 Winter League Registration
Registration will be required if you want your team to continue playing in next season’s winter leagues. You will need to have registered your team before 28th February.
Registration forms are available from the steward or via download here.
New teams will be registered from 15th March subject to places being available. Closing date for final withdrawals or registrations is 14th July. Schedules for league matches will be available from 12th August.
Bramley Bowl League
The final results for the Bramley Bowl are now available.